Table of Contents
Palak Paneer Recipe is one of the most popular and easy Indian dishes made with Panner cubes (Known as Indian cottage cheese) in a butter-like consistency of spinach puree or sauce. It is also healthy and good for weight loss as well.
The Palak Paneer recipe is made with fresh spinach leaves (palak in Hindi), aromatics, herbs, and spices. Make these super delicious spinach paneer recipes with my easy step-by-step guide.
This delicious palak paneer is a family recipe that my Mom loves serving us with Roti, Butter Naan, and so much more.
She has been making this recipe for our family for years, and I am so happy that I got an opportunity to share this easy and delicious recipe with you. And the best part is that it can be made within 30 mins or less than that.
Palak Paneer Recipe
- 250 grams Paneer
- 2-3 bunch Fresh Spinach (Palak)
- 2 tbsp Butter/Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 pcs Onion
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 pcs Tomato
- 2 cup Water
- Green Chillies
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- Fresh cream / Butter / Ghee (optional)
Palak Paneer Recipe Ingredients
- 2-3 bunches of Fresh Spinach Leaves (Palak)
- Paneer 250 gms
- BUTTER/OIL 2 tablespoons
- Cumin Seeds 1 teaspoon
- Onion 2 Chopped
- Ginger Garlic Paste 1 teaspoon
- Tomato 2 chopped
- Water 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Green Chillies 2 slit
- Turmeric Powder ½ teaspoon
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder 1 teaspoon
- FRESH CREAM (optional) / Butter / Ghee
Process Of Making The Palak Paneer Recipe
Prepare ingredients as per the list
Clean and boil the spinach leaves in 1 cup of water till the leaves become limp through heat. Drain the water and grind the spinach into a fine paste (don’t add water). Keep the paste aside
- Heat butter/oil in a pan or kadhai (A cauldron ).
- Add cumin seeds.
- As it starts spluttering add chopped onions and fry till it leaves a golden brown color.
- Add ginger and garlic paste and fry for 3-5mins.
- Then add the chopped tomatoes and saute them until soft and mushy.
- Add slit green chillies, a pinch of turmeric powder, and Kashmiri red chilli powder.
- Fry for a minute or two and mix the masala well.
- Add grinded spinach puree and some water and mix well. Cover and cook on medium to low flame.
- Then add the paneer pieces and mix well and let the curry (gravy) simmer for 3-5 min.
- Lastly, add salt as per taste.
Add fresh cream or butter or ghee and serve the best Palak Paneer Recipe hot !!!
Check Out Palak Paneer Recipe In Hindi
Palak paneer can be served hot with Roti, Butter Naan, Tandoori Roti and so much more.
Palak Paneer is one of the most popular Indian curries around, and with good reason, as it has so many health benefits.
- Best Diet Option.
- Helps in Reducing Weight.
- Helps in Maintaining Blood Pressure and Cholesterol Levels.
- Improves in Digestion.
- A Great Source of Protein.
- Good for Bones.
AND SO MUCH MORE…
Read Also: Chicken Kosha Recipe
What is Palak Paneer?
Palak Paneer is a popular North Indian dish made with spinach and paneer (Indian cottage cheese) in a creamy tomato-based sauce.
How is Palak Paneer typically served?
Palak Paneer is typically served with roti, naan, or jeera rice.
What are the main ingredients in Palak Paneer?
The main ingredients in Palak Paneer are spinach, paneer, onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic, and a variety of spices such as cumin, coriander, turmeric, and garam masala.
How long does it take to prepare Palak Paneer?
The preparation time for Palak Paneer is around 15-20 minutes. Cooking time is around 30-45 minutes.
Can Palak Paneer be made with other greens instead of spinach?
Yes, Palak Paneer can be made with other greens such as kale, collard greens or mustard greens.
Can Palak Paneer be made vegan?
Yes, Palak Paneer can be made vegan by using tofu or other plant-based protein sources instead of paneer and using non-dairy milk instead of cream.
What are some variations of the recipe for paneer palak?
• Spices such as cumin, garam masala, or turmeric can be added to the recipe for paneer palak to enhance the flavor.
• In addition to spinach, you can add different types of greens, such as kale or mustard greens.
• To make the dish more filling, some people also add vegetables, such as carrots or potatoes.
• Alternatively, some people use cream or coconut milk in the recipe for paneer palak to make it creamier.
• A paneer palak recipe can be customized according to individual preferences and can be made in a variety of ways.